Spark plug question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you guys beleive in the theory that electricty follows the circuit with least amount of resistance, then you would beleive the spark plugs with more then one ground electrode is a joke. Why would it arc across 2 gaps when it only has to arc across 1? At best, the most they could possibly do is last longer. But I've never heard of anyone having good results from them. After the swap the best I've heard was it still runs the same. I wouldn't try them. I don't like to waste my money on crap.

I use only AC Delco plugs. You are better off with regular copper plugs. They are better then platinum or iridium. The only real downside to copper plugs is that they won't last as long. If you are looking into a little power from your plugs, the only thing you can really do is to try and get a set that has the ground electrode placed away from the intake valve. There are a couple of other things you can do, but its a bit more complicated and not so common.

1990GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if its not an ac delco or a spitfire i dont want it in my motor
e3s are junk to me,everyone i kno thats run em have had problems,
ac delcos are a way better product by far

redchev95

Reaction score
yeah i have always used AC's but its hard to not look at the dyno readings and not want to go for it

jaemitch

Reaction score
thanks fellas i got some ACs in there now it can feel a better throttle response but it still idles rough. my last tune up wasnt even 6 months ago. the chek engine light isnt on so im stumped on this.

jshawag12

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever changed or cleaned the idle air contol valve? Also check for vacuum leaks.

what is this? when i am backing out at work and put it in drive and start turning i feel a little hesitation...could this be the cause of that...also could a dirty MAF sensor cause that too?

its not spark plugs as i recently changed these

jaemitch

Reaction score
Have you ever changed or cleaned the idle air contol valve? Also check for vacuum leaks.
where is that located?
The PCV valve is also something to look at.
changed that saturday seen one of the elbows was split
you might have a bad fuel pressure regulator in the tbi
i was hoping it wasnt fuel related been through 2 pumps this year already and had a halt tank of gas both time lol

what is this? when i am backing out at work and put it in drive and start turning i feel a little hesitation...could this be the cause of that...also could a dirty MAF sensor cause that too?

its not spark plugs as i recently changed these
i feel that same thing when i put it in reverse feel like im running over mini speed bumps.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only run AC delco or NGK on these engines.

E3 plugs are the worst plugs I have ever seen no engine runs correct on them and I WORK at a dyno.