Source for rear leaf spring FRONT hanger on K3500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have looked everywhere without luck for the front hanger on the rear leaf springs. I saw one person a couple years ago on here that was looking for them, but never found them as far as I can tell.

Mine are about ready to go.

The scrap yards here either don't want to mess with it or the hangers are basically scrap. Pull-a-part doesn't allow power tools. The rest of the yards won't allow people back there anymore.

Any thoughts? I'd put up a want ad, but as I'm new I won't be able to for a while. Not to mention I'd really prefer new if there's any possibility of doing that.

rcb1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had been told 3500's had a heavier hanger, but who knows. I'll have to take a pic, but I think mine looks different than that drawing. If I read that right, $150 seems a bit steep for a hanger..

Thanks for the find though! I guess if nothing else, there's that.

You would think that the hangars for the rear wouldn't change between 2wd and 4x4. Maybe it's a reference to the 3500 hangers and they ID'd it incorrectly as a 4x4 option?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Mine on my 8 lug k2500 were different from the ones on my k1500... not saying they wouldn work, but they are different. They can be removed pretty easy with a cordless drill.