soft squishy ride on a 95 sclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bakeman_94

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a 95 sclb, and it is pretty well stock, minus the exhaust and some other small stuff. My problem is that my truck rides a bit too much like a sail boat on country roads. The truck is in good shape, and has all new shocks. factory wheels and stock size rubber. I am looking for the easiest and most affordable way to stiffen things up a bit, without making it too harsh. Any ideas?

Here are a couple pics. one is on the lift while changing oil and stuff, the other is after i but the new grille and headlights in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
What a great looking truck, that thing is nice

Do you know if the shocks have ever been changed? Worn out shocks can definitely make it bounce around and feel mushy. My Yukon would make you seasick bouncing around. I changed my shocks with some Monroe's from Rock Auto a couple months ago and it make a world of difference. Less than 80k on mine and the rears were completely shot.

bakeman_94

Reaction score
Yeah i replaced all 4 shocks with monroes from advance auto about 8 months ago. The guy a bought it off of had a book that he kept, and i noticed that several years ago he wrote down that he replaced the leaf springs. I wonder if he put softer ones in it? It doesnt seem to squat under a load any more than it should, and i know the front is soft and squishy too.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Grab the leaf spring packs from a 2500 light duty (six lug 2500) as they have one more leaf than your 1500 pack. (The overload leaf is also slightly thicker and longer but that doesn't come into play unless you're loaded down enough for it to make contact.) These will firm up the back and give you a little more load capacity, but won't ride rough.

You could grab the front coils off one of those too but I'm not 100% sure there's any actual difference in spring rate. A 2500 light duty is really just a slightly beefed-up 1500 and has very little in common with a "real" 2500 8 lug.

A 1500 with the F44 heavy duty suspension has similar rear springs.

Richard