So... TBI Mod & Spacer....Now Trouble!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cleaned like crazy, the PVC port was full of crap, thought it would run better but going down the highway or just cruisin at about 45mph getting a surging or like the trans is shifting in and out of over drive but not a major surge just mild, any ideas, thought cleaning out the IAC would make a world of diff but guess not. I put all new gaskets in the TBI and pressure reg. injector screens and all maybe a bad injector at this point, Oh its a 1995 extended cab 5.7 TBI not sure on the trans but any help would be thankful the only reason I went into this was the b/c the TBI was sooooo dirty from the rear vent getting alot of blow by I guess would love to overhaul but Its a daily driver runs fine maybe a couple of times she stalled of acted up and died on first starts but I was think the price of the spacer. Thank You to You all will be active on here, Thx again Jon

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get your screw up your transmission cable (tv cable) adjustted correctly? That could be your wierd trans issue

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
right around 45mph is when the computer is allowing the torque converter to lock up. how much is this surge? 200-400RPM? Also does lightly holding your foot on the brakes stop it from happening?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the Torque convertor kicking in and out. Try the brake trick and see what happens

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yup 95 is 4l60e, no tv cable my bad,

Brake trick will get you a little closer to the surge issue

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW, thank you for the replies, I notice it stop if i come off the gas a little, and no TV cable just the throttle and another cable thought it was the kick down has an adjuster plastic screw, played with it a bit but no diff on her, not sure if there's a shift kit but she was shifting hard 1st to 2nd had a buddy drive it and said it may have had one, but the surge didn't start till the spacer and cleaning happened, there's there is also a new grinding style of noise, think it just a pulley tho. happened when i first take off thoughts were the u joints as well but think its just a pulley.

jonstreet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure if this brake trick is working only happens when gas is held almost if you were trying to keep the gas pedal in a cruise(if that makes sense) , happened in cruise control too driving me up a wall!!!