So people often ask....(featuring THE LINK!!!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Both are REAL off road vehicles! Questions I hear is: why did you lift it and put those tires on it if it's not off road all the time? Really? It's a symbol thing, not a trail rig. Some people get it and others don't understand why acc were ever created.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both are REAL off road vehicles! Questions I hear is: why did you lift it and put those tires on it if it's not off road all the time? Really? It's a symbol thing, not a trail rig. Some people get it and others don't understand why acc were ever created.

Not sure which BOTH you're referring to. You talking about the LINK and Z71's? The LINK is a true OFF ROAD vehicle, Z71 is a sticker that says off road that allows you to drive literally off of the road and through deep puddles. Both of their capabilities aren't even comparable what so ever.

As for my truck I didn't lift it and put it on 37's to beat it up and for me it's not necessarily a "symbol". I hate when people say that. I build my truck for ME and no one else. I don't drive down the road looking at everyone else to see if they're looking at me. It's amazing to drive a lifted truck with gears that's still just as capable as a stock Z71 and gets comparable mileage, 16 highway haven't calculated city yet. I do post it on here to get other enthusiasts feedback on what I've done but what I do with my truck is really irrelevant isn't it? The fact is it's nice as can be and that's exactly what I built it to be. Stock bores me, and I'm creative and have the drive to work hard enough to make it what it is, and somehow that translates into a competition, dick size, and how much I care what others think. Couldn't be more incorrect. It's nice to have if I do wanna cut through a rough ass field with a small lake in it but if I really had the desire to go offroading as a hobby, I'd build an actual offroad rig. For the most part that's what my CR250 is for though. Bloody speed and catching some air :gr_grin: Haven't really gotten the itch for mudding...More work than fun in the long run for me.

I can see where the average person looks at my truck and ignorantly thinks that it's a status symbol but that's just because they have no idea. That's why they drive a 92 cavalier and are interested in other **** IMO

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've gotta remember I'm just speaking for ME though...I've owned this truck since day 1 when I was 15...I'm terribly attached. Most guys I knew in highschool it was all about the status symbol or to display how redneck they were or whatever and went through trucks always after the next best thing but again, just speaking for myself and my situation. I would kill to ride around in the LINK though I can see where I'd definitely get the itch for rock crawling with that thing.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just because you mud and stuff doesn't mean you ahve to go beat the crap out of it, i muc on my 4wheeler all day long and don'tbreak a thing, but sadly our trails are to small for a fullsize truck to fit through. although it would be fun to watch someone try it. Thats why im starting to want a jeep, that would be so fun, an older jeep on boggers with all the goodies

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd never beat on my truck like some people do, especially a stock pickup. I had a buddy in highschool that got to drive his parents 02 2500 dmax daily and he absolutly destroyed that thing. He would offroad that thing like no bodys business and take it mudding whenever he could. And as said above, if I wanted to offroad I'd have a vehicle for that, the only offroad this truck does it down to camping spots or to good biking spots but nothing major at all.

Just2Sweet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a '77 K5 that was lifted on super swampers, had a beat up body, missing half the interior, etc. It was the PERFECT trail rig. I thought it was awesome, except for the fact that it got 9 MPG, leaked oil like crazy, and pretty much served no purpose other than having fun off road. And there aren't a lot of spots around me to go offroading, so I barely ever had a use for it.

So I sold it, and eventually got this Silverado. It's nice to have something that CAN go offroad (when I want to) but is also a nice and practical daily. I might take it through a field or up a mild trail every now and again, but nothing extreme that the truck can't handle. A stock 4x4 pickup should not be used as a "trail rig". It's a shame that so many kids think otherwise, and they end up tearing apart a perfectly good truck.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure which BOTH you're referring to. You talking about the LINK and Z71's? The LINK is a true OFF ROAD vehicle, Z71 is a sticker that says off road that allows you to drive literally off of the road and through deep puddles. Both of their capabilities aren't even comparable what so ever.

As for my truck I didn't lift it and put it on 37's to beat it up and for me it's not necessarily a "symbol". I hate when people say that. I build my truck for ME and no one else. I don't drive down the road looking at everyone else to see if they're looking at me. It's amazing to drive a lifted truck with gears that's still just as capable as a stock Z71 and gets comparable mileage, 16 highway haven't calculated city yet. I do post it on here to get other enthusiasts feedback on what I've done but what I do with my truck is really irrelevant isn't it? The fact is it's nice as can be and that's exactly what I built it to be. Stock bores me, and I'm creative and have the drive to work hard enough to make it what it is, and somehow that translates into a competition, dick size, and how much I care what others think. Couldn't be more incorrect. It's nice to have if I do wanna cut through a rough ass field with a small lake in it but if I really had the desire to go offroading as a hobby, I'd build an actual offroad rig. For the most part that's what my CR250 is for though. Bloody speed and catching some air :gr_grin: Haven't really gotten the itch for mudding...More work than fun in the long run for me.

I can see where the average person looks at my truck and ignorantly thinks that it's a status symbol but that's just because they have no idea. That's why they drive a 92 cavalier and are interested in other **** IMO

thats basically exactly how i feel. some people do give me **** about how clean my truck always is, but hey they dont understand the pride in taking care of an old vehicle and keeping it looking newer than their mid 2000's late model crap.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LoL as if you keeping your truck cleans a problem? Then having it dirty is a problem too. Ppl :nono: They just wanna stir **** up I tell ya!