Smooth bumpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan to use a smooth , no holes, bumper for the front of my truck and looking for the best price of course. Looking at LMC , they have three options and price. I guess it would be the thickness of the chrome??? I have no problem spending money for quality, but not looking to just throw money at the truck.
Anyone have a better place to buy?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you can find an oem one somwhere that would probably be the cheapest and the best. For instance I got a paintable smoothie for $30

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah....keep your eyes peeled on CL for a used one in good shape. There's a paintable one on my local CL for $60. It's been listed for a while so I'm sure he could be negotiated down from that. If paintable bumpers are in the 30-60ish range I'm sure you could get a decent chrome bumper for 80-100 which is cheaper than LMC I'm sure.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
LMC doesn't make them, they're just reselling whatever aftermarket stuff. I've bought 3 bumpers (diesel style, paintable) from them and they're pretty decent, fit was not perfect but I've seen OEM bumpers that didn't fit perfect either. Chrome is another story, never bought one of theirs chrome. Seeing as how they offer a few levels I would be worried about buying the cheapest...probably won't last, and it won't come as any surprise. I've seen cheap aftermarket chrome bumpers (unknown source, just your usual crash parts crap) rust quicker than you'd believe, and just from regular exposure to rain/dirt; it's not like we salt the roads here.

Richard

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You are almost better to find a an oem painted one and have it chromed than to pay for that aftermarket one and the crazy shipping like stated above.

If you find and OEM that you know fits and looks good, then getting it chromed isn't really too bad.

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so what trucks, tahoes, subs, did the smooth no holes bumpers come on?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Base model/work trucks came with both painted, and chrome, smooth bumpers. That's pretty much it.

Like this little dude - '94 4.3, crank windows, base model
You must be registered for see images attach

'89 5.0, crank windows, base model

'95 5.7 2500, crank windows, yada yada

'97 5.7, crank windows...........I think you get the idea. :)

Here's a painted one, '92 V6, crank windows, too bad it got centerpunched

Those trucks also came with the painted rear bumper that has the two separate step pads just up top, and no molding.

Lots of them out there, problem is finding one that's not beat up.

Richard

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an LMC Premium chrome smoothie, it fits fine and the chrome is okay I guess. The lip of the bumper that kind of sits behind the grille and has the bolts through it isn't finished very well though.