smoke after head job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok just put two reman heads and all new gaskets and only ran twice. Now smoke is coming out . The intake gaskets have a block on one end and open on The other for the coolant ports. Are they supposed to be offset? Im lost as to why its smoking. Its kinda blueish so im thinking oil but why. Its alot of smoke.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does it smoke slot at start up? If so I'd say valve seal, oil seeps down into cylinder

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the engine smoke during start up, running, or both? Did it smoke before you put the other heads on?

I am having suspicions on the valve seals as well.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it did not smoke on the initial startup and first drive it did not start smoking until we tighten down the valve covers and I didn't notice it until we were driving

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay will check valve seals first but also still have the question about the block for the coolant port on the intake manifold gaskets are they supposed to both be in the back or are they supposed to be offset