SMOG/AIR INJECTION= check engine light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90K1/2ton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before but I cannot find a clear answer. I'm looking to install a full exhaust (headers, y pipe, cat and catback) on my 90 k1500 and I do not want to spend the extra money on air injection equipped headers. I also would like to clean up the engine bay. Will removing this equipment cause the check engine light in my truck to turn on?

Thank you,

Eric

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I don't think the smog pump is monitored by the ECM (computer) so no codes will be set.
The best way to tell is to unplug the wires to the actuator and see if it sets a code (turns on check engine light).
If it does, read the code first to see if it's actually related. It could be something else that turned the check engine light on by coincident (it happens).

If you don't get a check engine light after a day or two (and you shouldn't), rip the ***** off there.

BlkSierra

Reaction score
I just put Headers on my truck and had the A.I.R system on it. I took it all off and have put around 130kms on it with no check engine light as of yet.