Slipping trans after rebuild.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BradHanks15

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I have a new one in my possession now do you think the line pressure issues and burning those clutches off could be a direct result of a torque converter not functioning properly?

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I have a new one in my possession now do you think the line pressure issues and burning those clutches off could be a direct result of a torque converter not functioning properly?
NO

Like I mentioned in a prior post, you need to positively identify the cause of the failures there as they are not typical...Think I provided a list of things to focus on first...I would also check your forward piston housing very closely for wear or scoring in the area of the lip sealing surface.

Last thing you need is to have this thing fail again in the exact same way as costs will quickly spiral if so....

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think excessive clearance in that clutch pack could cause that? Or more likely those other things that you mentioned? @NickTransmissions
Nope - like i have said (for the third time now) - start with those other things. If you cant positively IS the cause after vacuum testing the pump and valve body, inspecting all parts and components in the forward drum, including the drum itself, Id replace the forward drum.

Post back once you completed your T/E and include what you did, how you did it and the results...

BradHanks15

Reaction score
Nope - like i have said (for the third time now) - start with those other things. If you cant positively IS the cause after vacuum testing the pump and valve body, inspecting all parts and components in the forward drum, including the drum itself, Id replace the forward drum.

Post back once you completed your T/E and include what you did, how you did it and the results...
Sounds good. Thanks.

BradHanks15

Reaction score
Sounds good. Thanks.
Waiting on a vaccum pump to do that test, but on the pump and a new torque the clearance is less on .0015. I don’t have anything smaller. Body to rotor clearance is more than .004 all 4 positions. Slide to body is about .0015. Light scoring on the working surfaces. Also found this damage on the sealing surface on the face. I bought another face to replace it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 4