Sliding rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Is it easy to convert a solid rear window, to one that opens? Is there a forum for it somewhere, the search function didn't really bring up anything?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Easy as can be...if you're a glass man. The glass is glued in with urethane adhesive and has to be cut out, the area prepped correctly, and new adhesive laid down for the replacement glass.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You buy them straight from C.R. Laurence I guess, or probably plenty of aftermarket dealers: http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/cont...rlaurence.com/adv/Auto_Products/index_us.html

My '92 had one when I bought it. It worked OK for a few years, dunno how old it was already when I got the truck. After some time it got very sluggish when trying to close the window. I did like it, though. Real nice for an extended or crew cab. Totally unnecessary for a regular cab.

On Amazon for about $450 FWIW...

Richard

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
CR Lawrence slider

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/88gmctrucks-98-silverado-towpig-build-black-fox.20243/page-131 POST 1307..

He installed one on his truck, I don't think he mentioned were he bought it from but i'm sure if you google it something will come up.
I bought mine in the junkyard of all places, removed and installed myself.

You buy them straight from C.R. Laurence I guess, or probably plenty of aftermarket dealers: http://www.crlaurence.com/apps/cont...rlaurence.com/adv/Auto_Products/index_us.html

My '92 had one when I bought it. It worked OK for a few years, dunno how old it was already when I got the truck. After some time it got very sluggish when trying to close the window. I did like it, though. Real nice for an extended or crew cab. Totally unnecessary for a regular cab.

On Amazon for about $450 FWIW...

Richard
The one I installed recently was in a 97 centurion converted truck. It looks as if it was installed by them back when new. When I got it home it was sluggish, I ended up finding that the upper window track was binding slightly due to it moving within the frame. This mostly get attributed to the seals drying up over time/dirt and stuff getting in the track. Cleaned it all, lubricated everything with some rubber treatment and it slides smooth as butter.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put one in my reg cab last summer from a truck I parted out. Cut out with a piece of mig wire and glued in with urethane adhesive. Mine is manual and easy to reach on Reg Cab.
Toughest part was getting the plastic surround trim off without breaking it and then getting the trim clips out to reinstall.