Skid Plates??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That's about the middle of the model year run, no telling when they swapped over. I just checked every 4x4 I saw at the pull a part till I found one :rofl:

I guess that is what I will be doing over the next few months, years, decades............

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i don't think its a year thing as my 95 as the Aluminum one and my neighbors 97. And we never added them(bought trucks new)

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
The Z71 trucks had the diff skid an yes it was aluminum. There is a bracket for it to.

The aluminum front plate is on any 88-94 4x4 model...

I've seen 88-94s with plastic ones, too. Hard to say if that's original equipment though. The vast majority of trucks around here have been chopped up with a mix match of parts.

My 96 K2500 parts truck has the aluminum diff and TC skid. It had every option a Z71 had except for the Z71 stickers.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess I should rephrase then. In the year plus I spent looking for one on who knows how many trucks at multiple pull a parts that I go to I never saw one on a 95+. The one I finally got was on an 88, so just check every 4x4 truck you see until you find one. Ymmv....

With these trucks built in multiple factories all over the country there are going to be differences...