Side steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Well its bout time to finally tackle this. I bought side steps/nerf bars/runnin boards whatever u wanna call em, like 2 yrs ago. I made sure to get frame mount cuz for one my rockers are crispy n for 2 if i did have good rockers i still wouldnt drill thru them. So my main concern bein an ohio truck is the bolts breakin off. I know if the rears snap i can get to them by takin out rear seat. Are the other 4 as easy to get to just incase? Really wanna get these on n outta my way. I think i saw LMC sells bolt/mount kits if need be but i may do new rubbers while im under there. Ill probly dump half bottle of never seize on em for reinstall cuz ill need my rockers done at some point.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I bought the tube style ones off eBay they were super easy to install and you didn't have to drill in the rockers.
i got mine from summit. bolt to the body mounts. my only concern is bein in ohio the body bolts may break. i'm gonna hold off till i chase down this gremlin that wont let my motor run right.