Shuddering brake pedal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh I thought there were other steps you had to take? That would be awesome if you could gather some info. for me!

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll see what the manual says, but I've replaced both wheel cylinders, the front calipers, all flexible lines, master cylinder, and bled my '96 K1500 w/ABS the old fashioned way without any trouble and good results.

For the other poster...here is a picture of the adjuster. These are not the brakes off the truck, but they all basically look the same.

You must be registered for see images

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got this figured out...holy fawk what a mess.

Firstly after 18,*** KM the front rotors were warped as ****. Thankfully they were under warranty as were the pads so I got a new set of pads/rotors. And since I used to work at the dealership I got an upgrade so I dont have to use those AC Delco Durastop **** rotors they make.

Secondly my rear drums were completely toast and the shoes were down to almost nothing on the drivers side. Oddly the passender side shoes were fine. I took em to my mechanic and had him look at the shoes and we came to one of two conclusions. First one being that he thinks the parking brake might have been on a notch or two by accident and just wore them down. I think it's because I got oil on the shoes. I had a rear axle seal that was leaking last year on the driver side and I think that because I got oil on them they just fawked completely and they were toast from there. My Grandpa and Dad always say that once you get any oil on brake pads/shoes they are done for even if theyre brand new.

Any ways the problem is solved but I do have a front driver side axle seal leaking so that will have to be taken care of so I might as well do the passenger side while I'm at it.

TheBigMortboski

World's Tallest Midget
Reaction score
My first thought when reading your original post was "Why in the hell was he driving 120mph?" Then I realized that you're Canadian, and don't know any better :lol:

I'm glad you got it figured out.

Sweetee

Reaction score
The symptons described here certainly sounded familiar. Only recently my '98 WT started pulsing and bouncing when the brakes were applied. The bouncing would literally knock my dogs off their feet at times. After a thorough examination, we found that the rears were completely shot. Cylinders were "blown", shoes in pieces and drums out of round. Strange thing is that I never heard any noise from the brakes at all. After a complete rebuild on the rears, the pulsing was still there. Upon further examination, the passenger side rotor was mildly warped and that was causing the pulsing. They turned the rotors as otherwise the fronts were fine. After adding new shocks, my "old girl" drives like a new truck. I think I need to have them rebled(bleeded?), as the pedal is still a little soft, but better than before. The next LOF is coming up and they said they recheck the fluid when I come in. I never realized just how complicated getting things right with ABS can be. Sure glad my gm guru at my favorite Chrysler dealership knows his stuff.