Should I reuse this "new" clutch in my NV4500? (detailed photos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoCascio_Inc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does this clutch look good enough to reuse on a freshly rebuilt, stock power, non-IC rotary pump Cummins 6BT and freshly rebuilt Dodge NV4500? Can anyone provide more info on what brand it may be?

I'm doing a Cummins/NV4500 swap on my 98 K2500. The previous owner of the powertrain claimed that the clutch was new but the hydraulic system had failed and I never actually got to use it prior disassembly.

The flywheel looks pretty hashed and I plan on replacing it but the clutch does look somewhat new after cleaning it up. Here are photos and all the details I could think of.

Part numbers on 12.25" friction disc:
  • PHT
  • 170901A
  • D10350
Part numbers on pressure plate:
  • PHT
  • C1984R
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the hashed flywheel it was all mounted to:

It has about 4 or 5 hairline cracks like this:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'd see if that flywheel can be turned to get rid of that crack, it's only going to get worse. Somebody really liked slipping that clutch, or rode out a junk clutch for way too long. As for the clutch itself, you're talking to a guy who's put used (good) clutches in cars before. I'm not scared of dropping the trans again, are you?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exploding flywheels sometimes come through the bellhousing and floor...….what's having a right foot worth?

LoCascio_Inc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no plans of keeping the flywheel. I just posted pics for context with the clutch in question. It has several cracks and and pits and not worth machining only to find out it’s still no good.