shorty header install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a set of stainless shorty headers to go with the crate motor haven't installed yet due to needing a y pipe but what's gonna be needed to install these bad boys I got header bolts headers and gaskets what do I need to modify or any special tools or any of that

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What brand? Those Ebay ones? If so maybe upgrade the gaskets and mounting hardware, might need to mod the y-pipe a lil, thats pretty much it

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't re call the brand but had alot of good reviews bought some hardware and gaskets from ABC mine didn't come with either but just unbolt manifolds and these bolt straight on? I know you gotta get them hot then tighten again but that's it?

steampunk1375

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just installed a set of JBA stainless headers on my 2000 5.7 CCSB, I had to buy some high temperature sealant because they didn't use a gasket to the y-pipe. Otherwise I needed to buy nothing, new gaskets and bolts were included.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you say crate motor its not in your truck yet and brand new correct? If so should be easy getting the old manifolds off no rust etc. to deal with ya thats pretty much it just might have to mod the y-pipe a lil

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Crate motor in and running good manifolds on BC didn't have y pipe yet

reno124

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got them in had to cut the bracket for the alternator and PS pump have a leak some where just can't get them tight enough I guess..