Shortchevy c1500 Sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
I am redoing my suspension currently Im running 2 inch beltech spindles and 2 inch beltech coils. and beltech rear flip kit with Edelbrock IAS shocks up front and Monroe air shocks out back. I am just waiting on some parts and I am switch to. DJm 2 inch spindles and Hotchkis 2 inch coils, keeping the beltech flip kit, Adding front and rear helwig sway bars. I also may switch to helper bags, but im gunna wait. The rear air shocks are just standard air shocks for an 88-98 FSC made by Monroe.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not to go off about something else.... but, I picked up a drivers side bucket seat today. found it at the junkyard, couldnt find a passenger side seat or a center console... I took the seat covers off and threw them in the ole laundry machine and I plan on sandblasting the pedestals on monday.

Last edited:

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
junkyard again today... got a entire center console console now I just need a passenger seat

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Question!

hey guys, threw in a new seat today! I took the back of my 60 and put it on the bottom of the bucket I bought so as of right now I have no arm rests. fun with a manual tranny. you observant ones will notice that center console between the seats, thats where my question comes in. I dont know where to mount it. like yea haha "between the seats" but as far as front and back. did factory bucket reg cab trucks have the tray behind the seats? If any of you guys have any pictures of your console I would really liketo see them!
heres a quick picture of the seats and a couple of the rear end, Ive never shown my i.d. lights before so ill take the opportunity now. also I painted the area under the tailgate Matte black last week so Ill throw one up of that too
Hopefully the photo thing works I just made this photobucket like 5min ago

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Nice truck you have there I think the console is close were you have it. What size tire are you running?

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 235/70r15s, and with the kit im running, with no rolling fenders or trimming anything I dont rub. which I like. on a completely unrelated note, I got my shifter in the mail today... I dont know why but for some odd reason it has the letters H-U-R-S-T stamped down the bent stick... lol It rocks! short throw, no grinds (never had any) and soon an 8-ball knob! pix in a min

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I havnt done much lately because I bought a beater car for next winter. Its a 1997 vw Jetta, its got 200k on it but from down south and very well taken care of. well back to the point; I dont know who said it but it was something like "find the biggest truck in the parking lot and park next to it." well I can put a check mark after that now! just a sh1tty cell phone pic but you get the idea...

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a big mother lol, yours looks real nice, just gotta lose the mudflaps lol

you dont like the flaps?! I like them because they drag EVERYWHERE, the passenger rear has a flat spot already... I look at it like this...
1st prize- your bagged and bodied you can drag your body if you really want to
2nd prize- your bagged and lay frame you can drag frame if your really want to
3rd prize- you threw a quick 4/6 on one day and didnt take your mudflaps off, you can drag them if you really want.

lol It was weird to drive it today, because I have been driving my Jetta because the weathers been junk, and the clutch in the truck feels like pushing a brick wall in comparison. but on the other hand the Jetta has all wore out shift linkage bushings and with the hurst in the truck the truck has shorter throw lol