Shop Upgraded Injectors to new style now truck upshifts early at WOT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got my truck back from the shop after they upgraded my injectors and the truck was driving great at first but then randomly on my way to work the next day it started doing this thing where if i take off from a stop it just seems like its shifting super early and putting my foot to the floor does nothing i get no output change from the truck, Its still accelerating just at really low rpms like its driving in OD?

1999 suburban with 5.7 vortec

WICruiser-97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like the transmission shift cable became disconnect. If the shop did not get it snapped back on securely it could have popped off while driving.

socal k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think they had TV cables in 99.
You must be registered for see images attach

These codes popped up, truck is idleing rough too. If my co worker pointed out if do the injection system upgrade to the new style you dont need a new fuel map / tune?

Last edited:

socal k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok just want to post an update for anyone who finds this thread later, the shop looked it at for me and it was the TPS sensor it was bad, spring was not springy at all. When they replaced the injectors it was probably ready to go and that much pushed it over the edge.