seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My father-in-law has a 2010 Ram 2500 and it's got a bad a$$ seat... I measured it and it'll fit my truck. Just gotta frill a few holes. I think it's the nicest factory seat I've looked at since the beginning of my quest to find late a model replacement for the POS that is in it now. All I'd have to do is re-cover those ram heads that are embosses in the headrests.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
i wonder what a seat would cost to ship to you to get done? a 60/40 hmm im thinking of a tan with the rustic brown out of the ford ranch truck..

If the covers are in not too bad of shape, that's all I need. I can help you out via PM or here on how to tear the seats down, & then get 'em all back together with the new covers on.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Post up some pix. All I can do here, is give an estimate of time & amount of material required. Material can run from $10.00 a linear yard, to hundreds per yard. Linear yard = 36" X 54". Of course that's the extremes on pricing. A good material, that's worth the time & effort to do the job, is around the $20.00-$30.00 range. I can't pick the material for you. I can make suggestions, but ultimately, it's up to you.
Leather is sold by the square foot. I can only buy whole hides, & they're usually 45-70 square feet each. Figure $10.00 - LOTS (!!!) for that. It takes 18 sq. ft. of leather to equal 1 linear yard of man-made stuff. Even @ 10.00 a sq. ft., that's 180.00 a linear yard. But, leather will outlast anything else. 3-5X longer, depending on the care it's given. It breathes. It's cool in the summer & warmer in the winter. It mimics body heat instead of sucking up all the ambient heat in the vehicle. It's actually cheaper in the long run. It's just that that initial outlay of $$$.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I havent decided what I'm gonna put in for seats yet. I was just wondering so I would have an idea when I'm ready.

A set of buckets out of a later model GMT400, like an ECSB /Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade, etc, are pretty well the same seats.
They're a big seat! Plus the armrests & the upright covers. Somewhere in the 6yd. range. I'd order 7. Just in case.
Then 1/2" foam, glue, velcro. Add $50.00.
Labour on those, around 12-15 hours, depending on the rest of the seat's condition. If they're on the bench, and apart, might as well go through everything. Check & test the motors, harnesses, switches, tracks, lumbar bags, & the frame. Fix the foam. Big boys can do big damage just from daily use.

My shop rates are $60.00/hr. That's the goal, anyway. That's the expensive part. Material for $20.00/yd or $30.00/yd is only a dif. of $70.00. How many times are ya gonna get the seats recovered? Why cheap out for $70 bucks?

So, it's up to around $900.00. But if you showed up at the shop with the seats, some GOOD beer, or an excellent bottle of Tequila, & $700.00 cash...well then...!
I'd put you to work too! And nooo, I'm not paying you to work on your own seats!