seat locked in position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have power seats but the passenger has manual forward and backward (I think). The chair is locked in the front position. How do I release it to move? I've tried all the levers on the bottom manually but it doesn't move.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your seat is a manual seat, the adjuster is in front of the seat. When you pull the adjuster to the side, it moves a locking device that has notches on it. The notches fit into groves that are on the seat rail. There is one of these notched out metal brackets on each side of the seat. The notched brackets are tied together with a metal wire. If this wire brakes or stretches out of shape, the seat will not release on both sides. You will not be able to move the seat. Take a flashlight and look under the seat from in front of the seat, and you should be able to see all of this. You can use a screw driver to move the notched brackets and get them freed up. If the wire is broken or stretched you can use a screw driver to move the notched bracket, so it will be moved out of the groves in the seat bracket Here is a video to help.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media