seat cushions, color change, console, and back seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
posted all this in one thread to keep from cluttering the board, so feel free to comment on any/all of the questions.

so i got a set of seats for my 89 extended cab W/T out of a 94 suburban today at pull-a-part. paid 44 bucks for them, and the upholstery is in good shape (wrong color and stained, but solid with no cigarette burns or tears). planning on getting them to match with SEM dye. questions there:
1. Ive never used it on cloth. hows it do? i know it works great with plastic, vinyl, and leather, so I'm assuming same great results with the cloth seats.
2. any special prep due to the cloth? I'm going from tan to two tone red/burgundy with them. armrests and all.

when i got them back to my shop and sat down in them again, i noticed that the drivers side cushion is done for on the outside from some other fat guy getting in and out of the truck. why i didn't notice that before i pulled and paid, i dunno. a couple of rows down, there was a few mint passengers side seats.
my thought is that i can undo the hog rings on the pass side seat, grab the cover and cushion, and reinstall on my drivers side seat. will this work?

lastly, the new buckets don't match my existing back vinyl seat. there was an extended cab blue interior truck down there that had a cloth back seat in good shape. would the dark blue be dyable to red/burgundy to match?

also got the console out of the suburban. on all the consoles down there, there was a rectangular opening at the back of it, where the back seat was. no suburbans had anything in there. what goes there?

thanks for any help you can throw my way.

michael

ridin_low07

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. it works pretty darn good on cloth. we did a buddies seays and it looked pretty nice.
2. clean the hell out of it and make sure it is completely dry before applying.

Reaction score
post some pics before and after! Ive been wondering about the same thing :) And nice score with the seat price!

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ill actually be starting a build thread soon. now that i have parts to work with, and soon enough the money and space, ill get cracking. should i show some of my other projects too?

(money and space are coming as soon as the guy finishes paying for my s10 and picks it up out of my shop.)

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sure you can include your other projects. just dont put it in your build thread