seat belt replacement/repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
a while back, my drivers side rear seat belt in my 89 extended cab broke. the spring popped out, busting some of my roof trim as well.

after 3 months of looking, i CANNOT find a red one in any salvage yard in my area (or on car-part.com)

so, can these seat belts be repaired/rebuilt? could you swap the red webbing onto another good retractor? can you just buy one new? does anyone have one?

I'm just about out of options. and since my whole family rides in this truck, and i occasionally use it to transport 5 people, i need to get that seat belt operating again.

thanks
Michael

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
You could try a search engine on used parts. The other day i got a headlight housing for my wife's van with the adjusters, light and plug for $55 shipped. It cant be real expensive and shipping was real fast, i ordered on Tuesday at 4:45 and got it that Wednesday around 3:00. It will bring up yards from all over so that should help with getting the right color. here is a link

http://www.partshotlines.com/

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a salvage yard near me that has alot of 88-94 truck i can look there for ya where you located if they have one i can get a price for one plus shipping

Reaction score
I have had problems with my seatbelts as well, the passenger side retractor broke, so I removed the retractor assy disassembled it and rewound the spring inside, from what I saw inside you can swap the guts although I havent tried it yet, by the way the only reason I even considered it is because you cant find seat belts unless you go aftermarket and they never match OEM.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found a set for mine at a local pick your part. Just have to look around there out there

dusterbd13

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i took apart the truck and got the pictures i said id get today. hopefully somone has one of these, or can locate one for me. i need the one on the right. that is the drivers side. the one on the left is complete. as you cn tell, the drivers side is missing some parts. i found a few of the parts under the headliner and behind the interior panels. i have to say, pulling these out is NOT fun.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

let me know something
Michael