scan gauge 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6789olds

Reaction score
so i got a 1996 gmc 1500 z71 with a 5.7 and 4l60e .I bought a scan gauge 2 and was trying to use the xgauge for trans temp but its not pulling up the temp ? Does this truck monitor trans temp by the computer like the newer trucks do? Or am i going to have to install a temp gauge myself ? Thanks ..

Fleeingpepper

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure you gotta do it yourself. A lot of people do it and I've heard it's really easy. I'm thinking about doing it for when I tow my four wheelers to Colorado.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah our trucks dont have trans temp ,wish they did anyways how is the scan gauge 2 workin for u? this will be my next purchase, can u post a pic of yours mounted in your truck i just want an idea of were to put it

6789olds

Reaction score
i like it it has help out my mpg when from 13.7 mpg to 15.2 mpg just adjusting my drivein style this was with my superchips on 87 tune . I am gunna try the 91 tune next cause the 87 tune sucks truck has not so good throttle response . hope to get a bbtune one day . i dont have it mounted it yet still cant decied where would be best . it fits in the whole just below the radio pretty good . Did you try a programer before you bbtune ? How do you like the bbtune ?