SAS'd 90 Silverado (the Long Story)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my story starts with my 91 Silverado 2500, that I bought without a box and put some time and money into. But I'll start with the new truck, and end it with the story of how this all came to be, that way the goods are shown off the bat rather than a big story :p

And on to the good stuff, the new project/ride.
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked it up for $1400. It's got 180k on it, 38.5 Super Swampers (1 is low on tread and needs to be replaced), 8" Leaf Spring Lift, 3" Body Lift, D60 in the back (Looks to be almost new), D44 up front, NP205, and Longtube headers (not sure if anything else is done to the 350). The trans in it shot, but I've got one for it, so works out real well for me. The plan is to basically get in the new trans and get it rolling around this year and pick up a new tire, beyond that I don't think it'll see much else done to it till next year.

Now onto where that trans is coming from. In 2011 I picked up a 91 Silverado 2500 with a 3" BL and some crappy dry rotted 35's on it with no box.

I picked up a box for it, and some new 35's.

And then May last year I was T-boned by a Grand Cherokee and got absolutely nothing out of the situation (extremely long story).

So with that it has sat since last year. Still runs, no frame damage. Got new fenders for it, got new rims since the one that was hit cracked (rims were subsequently stolen). I wanted to fix it, but I knew how much labor it would be and money. And I've got another GMT400 sitting with a bad engine that requires money invested into that. And the new truck needing a transmission makes my 91' the perfect donor, then I can yank my 91's engine and put into the other GMT400, sell off my old 35's and basically part out and send my 91 off as scrap (sad as that is). It makes the most financial sense and gets me the SAS'd truck I always wanted my 91 to be, when life gives you lemons make lemonade, guess this is the best lemonade I can make of the situation, but I'm pretty happy about it.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swear I just saw this on reddit lol

A fellow Redditor, hello sir! Yes you did see it there.

thats a refreshing flavor of lemonade, may i have some more?

I've heard the SAS'd Lemonade is the best type.

I saw it on Craigslist Looks Good!

Yeah a guy I work with said he thought he had seen my 91 for sale on there, but I told him it wasn't. He showed me that and I thought it was a good deal, went and looked at it that day and realized it made the whole situation with my 91 work out perfectly and picked it up.