Safe to drop rearend and re-use hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Hope it works out. In my opinion I'd rather spend the $30 on new ones instead of risking thousands when that rear end flys off lol.

and causes a bad if not fatal wreck...if not for yourself but for someone else on the road when your rear diff takes THEM out!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My lift came with new ones but my stock came off easy (I use that word loosely). I mean they were a struggle to get off but, no breaking, cutting, warping, bending, etc...

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope it works out. In my opinion I'd rather spend the $30 on new ones instead of risking thousands when that rear end flys off lol.

Well if your talking to me then yes it will work out just fine for me as it has In The past for many others. I do have a new set of stock U bolts that I will be using when I drop my truck , but for The meantime using my used and fairly new U bolts will work and don't worry my rear end won't fly off!!

I'm comfortable in my decision for what I'm doing temporary with my truck!