Running rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a 95 305 with the tbi mods done, air enhancer, tbi spacer and pod spacer. I decided to hook up a pressure regulator and bump the pressure up a little bit. Before I screwed with it it was running at 12 psi. I bumped it up to 14 and put it back down to 13. I'm pulling a rich exhaust code which I would think would happen by bumping up the fuel pressure but I notice most guys do the quarter mod and I'm wondering if this is normal? I tried the quarter mod before making my own adjustable FPR and it put my fuel pressure up around 17 psi so I took that out and made it adjustable. Another thing to note is that my muffler rotted and fell off....somewhere haha. Any ideas?

mr98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done a lot of EFI and Carb tuning and to be honest, The only way to "know" if you are indeed rich is to buy a wideband 02 sensor; monitor and tune from there. Increasing fuel pressure will make it run rich. If you can't afford a wideband, Find your 02 sensor, measure from the sensor wire to a GOOD Ground and see what your multimeter reads. Stoich (14.7:1) will read roughly 451mV (providing your 02 sensors are reading good). Anything higher that 451mV, your Rich, Lower than, Your running lean.