Rough Country winches?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats not a bad price for a 12,000lb pull.... i just wonder how well it will hold up.. i miss my old 12,000 warn winch i shouldnt have sold it with my wrangler, so dang expensive to buy a good new warn winch.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Bump, getting more serious about this now that I've put in for my TAG bumper!

I still want to try out a RC winch. I won't be using it much at all, but its something I've always wanted and something I view in the better to have and not need it than need it and not have one category. I think it will get more use in storm cleanup up here than anything.

After a lot of research, I am pretty sure I want one with synthetic rope instead of steel cable. Safer, lighter, easier to work with. It only takes one steel cable snapping and cutting your head off to regret not upgrading to a $250 rope for just $100.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Bump, getting more serious about this now that I've put in for my TAG bumper!

I still want to try out a RC winch. I won't be using it much at all, but its something I've always wanted and something I view in the better to have and not need it than need it and not have one category. I think it will get more use in storm cleanup up here than anything.

After a lot of research, I am pretty sure I want one with synthetic rope instead of steel cable. Safer, lighter, easier to work with. It only takes one steel cable snapping and cutting your head off to regret not upgrading to a $250 rope for just $100.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i always wanted to try one and ive figured it was cheap enough to take my chances but never ordered it as much as i want to

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The Warn 12-15000Lb winches are awesome, they will pull forever. WIth a RC winch.....you get what you pay for.

Probably so...they have great reviews on the Jeep Forums though, and whenever I see anything about them breaking they always come back and gush about how well RC customer service treated them.

I could buy almost 4 12k RC winches before I bought 1 Warn 12k...and my RC will have synthetic rope. One day when I actually wheel a lot I will go with a Warn, but for now I am intrigued by the value of this option.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Probably so...they have great reviews on the Jeep Forums though, and whenever I see anything about them breaking they always come back and gush about how well RC customer service treated them.

I could buy almost 4 12k RC winches before I bought 1 Warn 12k...and my RC will have synthetic rope. One day when I actually wheel a lot I will go with a Warn, but for now I am intrigued by the value of this option.

just do it and when you do order one for me also ill give you my address :D

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You could get a 9500lb with steel cable for just over $300 shipped if you look hard enough. I want the 12000 with synthetic rope...gonna have to call and sweet talk a RC salesperson haha

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
You could get a 9500lb with steel cable for just over $300 shipped if you look hard enough. I want the 12000 with synthetic rope...gonna have to call and sweet talk a RC salesperson haha

good luck let us know how it goes hopefully i can order one in the next few months or so when i finish my 98 and scrap what i dont use