rotors and brake pads.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Any one have the slotted rotors and evolution power stop break pads from summit racing? Will it get rid of the shuddering in the front end/dash when you put on brakes? how are they verses just standard rotors? I found these on ebay if anyone has any other info or better ones let me know. Ive heard the slotted rotors are better but they are expensive too, auto zone wants 100 bucks a rotor not counting break pads, so am trying to find something cheaper with as good of quality or better. Thanks for any info, Mike.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Stop-...ubmodel:Silverado&hash=item5aed6a290d&vxp=mtr

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things about them Mike. Those are the same series pads I bought to use on mine and I'll buy that exact set of pads just as soon as I sell the 3/4 ton ones. I also have the pads for my '78 but havent installed them yet.

FYI, look up the kit part number - K1970 - on Rock Auto and with the 5% discount you can get the same kit for $148.27 to your door. Well actually thats to my door, but your price should be pretty close to that...

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
good to hear man... i appreciate the info i will definitely look into rock auto and thank you for the part number :handshake:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be looking for the $22.72 I saved you in my Paypal :rofl:

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
:lol: u deserve it haha saved me a lot showing 136 without 5% discount... im wanting to buy that set with my birthday money so the cheaper for good quality the better bc i cant afford 200 plus right now

edit: haven't quoted it with shipping yet tho

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya you can order the rotors an pads separate for a total of $133, but they ship from two different places so it winds up costing more with shipping... :(

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Ya you can order the rotors an pads separate for a total of $133, but they ship from two different places so it winds up costing more with shipping... :(

that sucks shipping kills on a lot of things the part number u gave me i can get it for 144. 62 .... so if money plays ill prolly order that one... hows brake dust with those pads? i have brake dust pans behind my wheels now but im hoping with nicer rotors and stuff i can remove it bc i think it burns my brakes up getting to hot since it can get air as good

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ceramic pads have a lot less dust. You should be able to remove those pans an it won't be that bad at all. I'm not actually running them yet because the 3/4 ton pads didn't fit...

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
good to hear thats one thing i cant stand cant keep wheels clean for the life of me over brake dust... any difference in braking with ur new calipers over ones that came on our trucks? thats something i want to do one day..

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little but not a super huge difference. For $22/each it's worth it.

That's why I'm switching to them as well to keep the dust from staining my rims...