RockAuto Parts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with RockAuto parts (quality, fitment, etc.)? Any other suggestions for replacement door and fenders?? Also, anyone know part numbers for chrome trim on rocker panels?

Door Shell $157.53
Fender $60.28

Last edited:

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the replies. I will start building my shopping cart :smile:

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I don't know about doors, but I got a set of tyc replacement tail lights for $34 shipped. Oe fittment and look and feel better than my old stockers.

Also ordered a tail light for my brothers saturn ion and it was the same deal. I love rockauto.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Aftermarket doors are garbage for these trucks. Repair your original door or find a good set of OEM doors that are in mint shape. Rock Auto sells the same parts that chains and body shops sell, but there are some parts to avoid... like aftermarket tailgates and doors. The tailgates generally fit decent, but are weak as all get out. A lot thinner metal, and spot welds that are not as good as original parts.

We put one on a GMT400 in a bodyshop I worked at years ago, it was back in a week bent in a big U shape from loading a snow machine in the back of the truck.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Never ordered any body panels from there, but have ordered quite a few mechanical parts without any issues.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the years... I've gotten some killer deals.

The only complaint I have is that sometimes they have crazy slow shipping... But honestly I think it just depends on what place they have the part coming from.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aftermarket doors are garbage for these trucks. Repair your original door or find a good set of OEM doors that are in mint shape...

Thanks for reply. I guess I will keep looking for an OEM door.