Rim Width/Backspacing on front with 4" drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I plan on doing a 4/6 drop on my 93 RCSB and I have figured out what wheels and tires i'm going with for the back (15x10s with a 6" backspacing), but I see many mixed reviews on fronts. I will be doing a 2" drop spindle and 2" drop spring. I see many people who use the stock ss454/sport chrome rims use those with 255 60 15s in the front and I like that look, but does anyone happen to know what the width and backspacing is on those rims? I'd like to go with an 8" rim with the smallest backspacing possible to match the look of the rears. I'm guessing a 10" rim wouldn't be possible without modification. I already plan on rolling or grinding the inner fender lip back a little. Any info would be great!

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I remember correctly gmfullsize has a list of what would tuck post that states what will work with what drops...I will see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Originally posted on gmfullsize by tukn4s.

https://tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=...eads/222435/&share_tid=222435&share_fid=11691
"Tuckable" Rim Chart

Thanks for that, someone had posted that on here, but I wasn't sure if it was for the front and back, or just back, because it went up to 12". I have found a set of rims that should work, within 1/4 inch of the recommended backspacing, so they should be fine even if I have to roll or trim the inner lips.

rolla711

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured it may help some.