RideTech 4-link Conversion on a 4WD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have used that kit before and yes it would work, but I would suggest using a beefier 4 link than that for a 4wd that is going to see some off road action, just my opinion.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It won't be seeing offroad action. Maintaining the 4WD simply for winter driving in the great white North!

I'm thinking of possibly using their universal triangulated 4 link instead. I'm not sure I like the idea of the panhard bar. I'm still learning about suspension

It will be seeing on-pavement abuse though with 400+HP 6.0L (still early in planning stages for motor, endless possibilities at the moment) and a nice 4L80E (opinions on what it takes to build a 4L80E for power would be awesome, see your 408 in your signature).

Also curious as to if you have any ideas on what I should do to the front end of this thing to make it handle a bit better.

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A watt's link on the rear would be great also instead of a pan hard bar. My 4L80e has kevlar clutch's and bands, Transgo HD 2 shift kit, and higher stall convertor, I have no idea about the front of a 4wd so I can't help there.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am not a transmission expert by any means, but I would say it would probably be fine, I have owned a bunch of trucks with 4L80E's, they are one of my favorite automatics.