ride height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theBOY

Reaction score
I just got a 93 regular cab short bed truck. the guy I got it from said its been lowered six inches in back. I was wondering if I could go any lower without c notching the frame.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can go three more inches, or you could weld the axle straight to the frame. Might ride a lil rough tho. J/k look at AVS for there"under bed C-notch". Hard to believe they put a copy kit on and no C-notch

theBOY

Reaction score
no...the frame should be notched for anything 6" (sometimes 5") and lower. Im sure your probably bottoming out like crazy if your actually at 6"

Honestly it only bottoms out hard on bridge joints and stuff of that nature.

theBOY

Reaction score
You can go three more inches, or you could weld the axle straight to the frame. Might ride a lil rough tho. J/k look at AVS for there"under bed C-notch". Hard to believe they put a copy kit on and no C-notch

Thanks man that might be what I do.

Reaction score
Notch the bed brace that's over the axle if you do the frame notch, rear end kisses the brace when bottoming out

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Notch the bed brace that's over the axle if you do the frame notch, rear end kisses the brace when bottoming out

...and bends the brake line bracket, or crushes the brake line where it's mounted in the stock position on the top of the rear end housing.
This is not good thing.