Rhino lined rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
As I've said before, black is addicting.

I love being able to look out of the door of the shop at night and not being able to see the truck but knowing its there bc I seeother light coming around it and seeing the outline of the truck :lol:

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I like the rocker panels lined. I keep debating on doin mine. What did you use? Also if you do the bumpers and grill dark or color matched grill then it might be time to say bye bye to the chrome rims. I got rid of every peice of chrome after I bought my truck.

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the rocker panels lined. I keep debating on doin mine. What did you use? Also if you do the bumpers and grill dark or color matched grill then it might be time to say bye bye to the chrome rims. I got rid of every peice of chrome after I bought my truck.
I just used rubber undercoating from Advance auto. It was about five bucks a can. I''ve only done one side and used 3 cans. But I've alos been doing the frame and wheel wells. Two cans should be plenty. And a tip, get the gun that you can attach to the cans. Best three bucks ever spent

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the lining look. I to have done it to my truck, but instead of undercoating I used rhino liner. It is like 80 bucks at advance auto or Walmart but I did the rockers fender flares and inside of my doors on the bottom and up to the rubber molding inside. Still had about half a gallon left. Did you put it on thick or thin, because my last encounter with undercoating on something like that, it didn't dry to well.

Reaction score
I like the liner much better than the chrome rocker trim, which I personally think is hideous on every vehicle I've ever seen it on, and I'm once again thinking about doing this on my white Tahoe. I'm also curious as to how thick you applied it?

Tom

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the liner much better than the chrome rocker trim, which I personally think is hideous on every vehicle I've ever seen it on, and I'm once again thinking about doing this on my white Tahoe. I'm also curious as to how thick you applied it?

Tom
I did a light coat. It was my first time doing it, I didnt know how it would go on. If i did it again, Id to two or three layers

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Oh okay. Yea I just have to see if it's what I want to do. The previous owner pulled the chrome off and it scarred up the paint so I thought truck bed liner would look the best to cover the scarring

Fbell17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh okay. Yea I just have to see if it's what I want to do. The previous owner pulled the chrome off and it scarred up the paint so I thought truck bed liner would look the best to cover the scarring
when I pulled mine off it pulled off paint and left glue and all kinds of crap. So I took an orbital sander with some 80 grit paper and sanded down to the metal and did a good couple layers of grey primer. If you dont sand down to the metal you'll see all the scars in the paint. Thats probably the most important part. Just make sure its nice and smooth