Restoring my 1994 K1500 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SethT

Reaction score
Gentlemen, this truck was my first car back in 1997. My high school ID is still in the center console :) It hasn't seen daily use since 2004, but I still have it, and love it! It's showing some age, particularly in the bottom of the doors and the bottom of the quarters forward of the rear wheels. Rust has eaten into the door shells themselves at the bottoms, so I want to get new GM Doors, and hinges, possibly full GM quarters. So my questions are:

1) Does anyone have the part numbers for the doors and hinges? It would be easier to shop around for them if I have part numbers.

2) Also, I would like your opinions on how to deal with the quarter panel rust. Should I go the route of patch panels, or do full quarters?

3) Does anyone know the part numbers for the full GM quarters? Might be handy to have if I discover more rust when I get elbows deep in this.

Any and all opinion are greatly appreciated :)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's no need to replace the hinges unless they're very badly damaged. They're welded to the body and doors, so replacement requires drilling the welds out and bolting new hinges on; it's a big job to get exactly right, and the hinges are expensive - about $100 per door.

Excellent time though to replace the hinge pins and bushings, and GM is the best source for them - the Dorman/parts house ones aren't so great.

Doors brand new from GM, if you can get them, will cost a fortune. Best bet is to boneyard some off the nearest year model to yours that you can find, for best fit. Doors from any of the bodies will work. Regular, extended, crew cab, Suburban. Try to stick to pre-1995 if possible.

Not sure if patch panels or full replacements exist for the fullsize Blazer quarter panels - try some checking around, or someone here may know.

Richard

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldn't two door Tahoe and Yukon patch panels work? Not sure if LMC or someone offers replacements for them