Replacing front fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoneCynic

Reaction score
My pickup has rust on the fenders that every year I have been dremeling, re-bondoing, and re-painting. I am growing tired of doing this, and have decided to bolt on some new front fenders to cut the task in half. I have no experience with welding, so I'll just continue to do the bed fenders each year. I'd like to put new fenders on the front, since those are replaceable without cutting/welding involved.

That being said, my question is to recommendations on where to purchase the replacement fenders. My research has led me to believe that these can be of varying quality, and from the websites I've shopped through looking, they seem to vary in price quite a bit as well. Any advice or first hand information/experiences would be much appreciated. I just want to make sure that I don't purchase parts for my truck that end up being sub-par in quality.

Thanks again for any help or guidance that you all can provide on this matter before I proceed.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you don't want sub par then b uy the most expensive or buy gm ones.

I've got a dirt cheap one on my truck and I have no complaints, just be prepared to work on lining any of them up, shims, elongate holes etc.

As for the bed try cutting the metal out, the rust spots, grind back about an inch or so away to find good metal, cut that area out, then use some tin or even fiberglass mat and remake that area, or at the very least fiberglass over the rusted spots without cutting them out, might make it last longer.

LoneCynic

Reaction score
Any links or places you've ordered from that you would recommend?

LoneCynic

Reaction score
http://ccgtruck.com/ Is one website I am looking at. Has anyone ordered through them before? I'd appreciate some recommendations on where some of you ordered your parts through.

Reaction score
I've bought from carpartswholesale on ebay before. Replaced a fender on my Mustang and the fit was really good. It was only 100.00. I don't know what the price would be for a Tahoe though?

Last edited:

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
buy fiberglass off road racing fenders...re use you innner fender and rivet the outer shell to it