Replacing column shifter with a floor shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I want this setup:

You must be registered for see images attach
Yea, thats nice. IDK where they got that console. Got to be custom made, with the top door from a gmt400. Wish I had found that pic when I did mine, but I still think mine came out good though.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a B+M Mega Truck shifter in mine, swapped to the B+M cable. The factory cable is still there just zip tied up out of the way, the handle was unbloted from the column.

96TahoeDoug

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not even joking to say that shifter, used in Chevelle's, Camaros and Monte's of Model Year 1970 (the Camaro in 69, the others up to 72) is going to cost 1,000 plus. Console, lighted indicator baseplate, etc = it's gonna hurt.

The 73 + GM single knob, stick, button which was the most popular console through to the next gen Camaro 83 is the plentiful one.

Some of those single sticks - pay careful attention to the hole where shifter meets console - if a slot versus a hole = Slap Stick ratcheting single gate. You will find those in any 70s GTO or big block console GM.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not even joking to say that shifter, used in Chevelle's, Camaros and Monte's of Model Year 1970 (the Camaro in 69, the others up to 72) is going to cost 1,000 plus. Console, lighted indicator baseplate, etc = it's gonna hurt.

The 73 + GM single knob, stick, button which was the most popular console through to the next gen Camaro 83 is the plentiful one.

Some of those single sticks - pay careful attention to the hole where shifter meets console - if a slot versus a hole = Slap Stick ratcheting single gate. You will find those in any 70s GTO or big block console GM.
All I bought was the handle it self. Everything else I made. Some of it with some help from 2 coworkers, but most of it I built myself. Oh let me correct myself, I did buy the back lights, they are LED rope lights. I used maybe 2 feet of rope lights all together. Yes I have skills that a lot of people do not. I also have access to our machine shop. Thing is, you can not just pull a console out of a Chevelle, Camaro, ECT, and just throw it in your truck and think it will work. It takes custom work to make it all work together. So all together mine cost me less than $75. Thats everything, all together. Now I admit, it took me some time to get it all together and make it all work.