Replacement Lower Control Arms??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riphc06

Reaction score
Hey guys-

I have an 89 K1500, 5.7l GMC. I bought the truck and registered for the forum 2 years ago, but am finally getting to work on it. So this is my first post.

I have been looking for new LCA's for the front end and it seems that they are not available anywhere. I know that GM has discontinued the part, but are there really no aftermarket ones available anywhere? Of course I have tried all the parts stores. It seems crazy that the amount of trucks/vans that were sold and outfitted with the same part, that the part would not be available. Reason I ask, is that I began a full restoration and disassembled the front suspension and in the process of trying to free ~30 years worth of rust adhesion between the torsion bars and LCA's, I beat the hell out of the control arms thinking I could easily get new ones. I was definitely WRONG.

Does anyone know of any aftermarket or original parts sources? I am just looking for the stock stamped steel ones, but would be willing to go with tubular or anything that will work at this point. This will be no show truck, but something I intend to build well. I am not really interested in junkyard ones, because I imagine they will be beat up or rusted to hell like the ones I took off. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

riphc06

Reaction score
Nothing other than scrapyard units that I am aware of.
I was afraid of that. I know they aren't a part you would normally replace, but I'm shocked that nobody makes them. I work as a collision repair estimator and we replace these all the time after car accidents. We certainly don't get many 20+ year old vehicles, but I stupidly assumed that they were readily available.... :cool: