Replaced intake gaskets, now it won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy gents,

First post - hopefully someone can give me some insight. So I recently replaced my intake manifold gaskets in my 96 z71 pickup, vortec 350. Bought a nice felpro set with upper and lower gaskets, fuel line o rings, injector tower gaskets, etc. I marked the distributor before I pulled it out and put it back in the same way but it wouldn't start. Really struggled to crank and I kept getting codes for Crank position sensor and Cam position sensor. So I decided to start from the beginning - take #1 cylinder to TDC, etc etc. so I had the distributor all reset. At the time, it would crank and fire up easy, but ran rough and Timing Advance was 22°. I couldnt understand why it wasn't in time if I installed it like it was a new distributor with the white mark and the dimple ligned up and the oil pump lined up. So then I replaced my crankshaft and campshaft position sensors. After that, the codes went away, but NOW I'm getting a code that says crankshaft/campshaft position correlation (which I have come to understand is a timing issue.) Great! Now its more narrowed down, except now it only cranks, it won't even run. Is there something I'm missing or have done wrong?? Any help is greatly appreciated, I just want my daily beauty back. Thank you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez