Repainting Corner Pieces on Tahoes, Yukons, and Suburbans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What rattle can paint should i use to paint my corner pieces between the rear side windows and the back glass? Im wanting to keep it gloss black.
You must be registered for see images

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It's plastic right? I'd find a piece in the junkyard and spray that first with different brands just to see how you like it. Make sure you scuff the part with a scotch brite pad just to give the paint something to adhere too.

I used Wal mart brand gloss black on my wiper cowl pieces when I did mine. 3 years later it still has a semi gloss shine to it, well, except where I broke the fins with the ice scraper last winter. I have another one that my son painted and cleared with a spray gun , just didn't have the time to put it on this summer.

You can always spray clear over the black to give it a really high gloss shine, just don't get greedy and spray till it runs.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Krylon Fusion works good. I usually scuff with 600 grit sand paper first.

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Krylon Fusion works good. I usually scuff with 600 grit sand paper first.
I actually bought some to try. I like it so far, so ill use that. Im also painting the black portion of the grille as well. Can you use clear on top of the krylon fusion?