Removing suspension lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Well, the Cummins 6BT engine that's under the hood would not have enough room without the Body Lift. At the very least, I would have to get a hood scoop and go to electric fans.

Oh I missed that somewhere. Sorry.

Edahall

Reaction score

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your 6BT if im not mistaken wont clear the front diff if you take the suspension lift off anyways...
But i guess i could be wrong

Edahall

Reaction score
Your 6BT if im not mistaken wont clear the front diff if you take the suspension lift off anyways...
But i guess i could be wrong

I checked that and it seems like it will clear the front differential.

Does anyone know how many hours of labor am I looking to remove this lift?

Now back to my other question on a replacement mount:
It seems like they only make replacement mounts for 2001-2010 Chevy's. Will this part work or could it be adapted for my 96?
http://www.cognitomotorsports.com/pr...1500HD_4wd.htm

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I think I recall the 6bt will clear a stock GM IFS, but it's REALLY close at the diff housing. I seen to recall something about a tiny bit of clearancing being done for the sake of gaining a few fractions of an inch for a bit of insurance against contact. The gents over a 4btswaps.com probably would be better to ask.

Lowering the truck will inprove MPg slightly when highways running, but the bigger issue is the 35" tires. Lots of weight there and lots of rubber contact with the pavement. Not good for MPG in the greater scheme.

I believe the front center diff is the same one on GMT 400 and 800 chassis, but it would be best to drop Cognito and email and ask before turning cash into metal.

I'd also look around your area a bit. For $175 you might be able to find and unmolested front diff with your gearset. Worth checking....costs nothing but some time to check around.

:)

Last edited: