Removing suspension lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edahall

Reaction score
I've got a 1996 Chevy Tahoe that has a 4” suspension lift made by Rancho. What is involved in removing this lift? I've heard that there may have been some components that were replaced or modified when the lift was put on. If so, which components will I have to get to lower this vehicle to factory height?

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't remember for sure on a Rancho 4" but there could be cuts made on the frame and the upper mount cut off the front diff.

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
Looks like they cut off the Bump Stops and the Lower Differential Mount, I believe your also gonna need new steering linkage

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cognito makes replacement mounts that bolt right up to the diff so you can put it back to normal. Bump stops will need to be replaced. u bolts in the rear.
Those are all i know of off the top of my head

Edahall

Reaction score
No, the mount on the frame they cut.

Why are you taking off the lift?

Oh I see. So I would need to weld another mount to the frame.

I want the rig stock height. Currently, it's also got a 3" body lift so it's got a combined lift of 7" plus 35" tires. The vehicle currently drives as if you're not connected to the road. It's also very hard to climb into the vehicle. I'm also sure that it would get better fuel economy stock height. To me, the lift is all for show and not for go.

Edahall

Reaction score