removing light scratches in alum. after polishing.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got some nevrdull and polished up my trucks diamond plate bed rails and the factory center caps (mid to late 90's style) I had to sand down the center caps, started with 400 then went to 1500 to remove the left over scratches and after using nevrdull they still have light scratches that can be seen when the light hits them. Would mother's mag/alum. polish in the lil' tub take care of this? power metal polish? hot wheels from meguairs? blue magic? or something else?

Now on my centers, the nevr dull itself after sanding wasn't enough, I had to use some rubbing compound and machine polish on them first then the neverdull. If not they were very milky and not very shiney.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up some 0000 steel wool the other day, read about using it online and stopping there, then polish. Also picked up a tub of mother's and some rubbing compound along with some scratch remover. I washed my buffing pads too, doing it by hand takes a while, gonna break out the buffer on em. The centers look good they are really reflective and pretty clear, but when the light hits em they don't twinkle and glisten lol they show scratches