removing hvac case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
holy crap what a pita! just got mine out to replace it breakin it all to hell in the process. clips holding the bottom half that needs to be replaced to the upper and you cant get to them. plus they sent me the wrong damn one so when I get the right one, any tips on assembly? I talkin about the housing that the actuator motor bolts to by tour right foot above the gas pedal, it has two flapper doors in the upper half and one in the lower. its a 97 k3500 with ac.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your trying to remove the whole assembly there are some bolts on the outside on the firewall that are behind the motor. The whole assembly is i think 6 or 8 bolts and its out and way easier to mess with the small pieces when its out the truck on the ground.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks, im replacing the center section above the tunnel, top and bottom, I see two bolts in the middle of the firewall.