removing a brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
as stated i want to remove it or at least disable it. the problem is when i have to press the brake pedal all the way down to get the brake lights to work , if at all. if i manually flip the switch to one side on the brake controller the brake lights come on. could the controller be affecting the brake lights ?? NOT TOWING im speaking of the brake lights on the truck itself. 00 tahoe z71. also something feels a little funny with the abs not sure if its related or not. thanks here is a little pic of what i have.

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 15

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it can affect the break lights. When mine started acting up my break lights would randomly flash or stay on constantly while key is off and im in the house. Trace the wires out of the back of the controller to where they connect to the break light wireing and just unhook it there. Thats what I did.

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok thanks, what wiring should i look for? brake light switch? Im new to all of this. thanks again

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
ok thanks, what wiring should i look for? brake light switch? Im new to all of this. thanks again

literally follow the wires coming off the back off the controller. if there's a plug on the back of it that all the wires plug into you could just unplug it. I had to unplug the one in my 03 because it would have the brake lights on at all hours of the night lol

Sent from my static android

Last edited:

tooslowtahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
more questions

hi i know this is an old post but having the same problems. I have no brake lights when pedal is pushed down. i disconnected a red wire from the brake controller that went to a white wire under the dash, still nothing. so i traced two wires one black and one blue from the controller to the fuse panel under the hood disconnected the black wire which was bolted down, still nothing. i could not really tell where the blue one was going so i cut it and again nothing. any suggestions would be great. thanks sorry for the wired angles i was all upside down.

Attachments

• IMG_1792[1].jpg
    IMG_1792[1].jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1795[1].jpg
    IMG_1795[1].jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1789[1].jpg
    IMG_1789[1].jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 11