Reinstalling from coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick94

Reaction score
I need advise / help reinstalling coils springs on a c3500 2 wd. How practical is the use of spring compressor.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did mine on a 1500 and i could not have done it without one. Although I could not hold the spring and compress it enough by myself it now has to go to the shop to get it to set in the lca right.

Nick94

Reaction score
I just did mine on a 1500 and i could not have done it without one. Although I could not hold the spring and compress it enough by myself it now has to go to the shop to get it to set in the lca right.

Which type of spring compressor did you use? What do you mean that you could not compress the spring by your self? Do you mean during installation?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
No need for a spring compressor get the top slid into position I put a floor jack undr the lca and jack up the lca high enough till I can get the nut started on the balljoint.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which type of spring compressor did you use? What do you mean that you could not compress the spring by your self? Do you mean during installation?

I used the one from Oreillys , I'm on my phone so I can't post any pics of it. Problem was I could not hold the spring tight enough with one hand and tighten with the other. The spring just needs to turn a 1/2" to be fully seated in the LCA.

nrowensby

Reaction score
Rise from the grave... anyone have any tips on getting the spring back into the groove on the LCA? When I seat it in the top, the bottom just goes back far enough to catch on the shock mounting nuts... I can't get it into the groove.