Recreating my highschool truck, the way I always wanted it to be

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Should i bedline, or get one of those rubber mats like used to be popular in the 90s?

color matched bedline may be nice, but i dont know what color yet. lol
I chose the rubber bed mat route. There's just something about seeing the painted bed walls that appeals to me. Plus the mat isn't permanent. Once you go spray in liner, there's no turning back.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I chose the rubber bed mat route. There's just something about seeing the painted bed walls that appeals to me. Plus the mat isn't permanent. Once you go spray in liner, there's no turning back.
thats why i had thought about color matches, you still get the color pop.

the bed liner looks really good though when its fresh. when its grey and faded, not so much.

rubber mat is also half the price, if i include the tailgate section.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Another advantage of the rubber mat, is you can lift it up from time to time to clean under it. Lot harder to do that with a drop in bedliner.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My high school truck was a 1965 C10 with a 292 straight 6, and 4 speed on the floor. Bought it for 1,500.00 and it only had 34k on it. Seriously, 34k. Guy only used it to get yard/garden stuff. So here I was, a 16yo second owner to a cherry 65 and what did I do? Sold it after a couple years. I sold it because of the 292... because when your 18, your a certified moron. The heart break came a month later, when the truck was wrapped around a telephone pole. It's because of that serious lack of judgement, I still have my first brand new Chevy.. Which is of course my 1989 K2500.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very badass truck!

Not sure if you have done the exhaust yet but here is a video (14 years ago) of my truck on the dyno, it made 370ish if I remember correctly.

Long tubes
X pipe
Oval case dynatech mufflers dumped and the rear end.
It had the bass your looking for.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media