Recommended Front Shocks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Z71er

Reaction score
94 K1500 Auto

Got a question for everyone on here. What are the recommended front shocks for these trucks? I'm not looking for offroading, just regular daily driving. Want it to be as smooth as possible but for it to do its job. I've read that Gabriel, KYB, and Bilstein are the ones to go with. But for what i want what be the recommended one? Thanks for your input everyone!

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
94 K1500 Auto

Got a question for everyone on here. What are the recommended front shocks for these trucks? I'm not looking for offroading, just regular daily driving. Want it to be as smooth as possible but for it to do its job. I've read that Gabriel, KYB, and Bilstein are the ones to go with. But for what i want what be the recommended one? Thanks for your input everyone!

bilstien

Sent from Robland

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
HD's are what came on the rear (not 100% sure on the front) of the z71's. Offroad and daily driving.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Monroe HD Truck Gas Magnums here.

Literally been from east cost to west and back.

Daily driver and tows the trailer in my siggy line.

7 years old now. had them on my K1500 and swapped 'em over to my K2500 when I changed trucks.

No complaints, comfortable and controlled ride.

Affordable too.

Bodies are getting a bit rusty but shock action is still like new.

May repaint them, may swap 'em out. Not sure yet....

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I've got Monroe Reflex's all around on my truck. They rode great.(Currently not on any truck I actually broke the metal boot at the top when I toasted the truck, they replaced it with a brand new one right out of the back.
Haven't got enough miles on them to say they are the go-to shock, but I like them so far.

94Z71er

Reaction score
So I got a question for you guys: which are better?
Reflex Monotube Shock 911511or
Gas-Magnum Shock 34798?

The reflex are for the Z71 Off Road package and 34798 is without the package. Does it matter? Mine is a 94 Z71 K1500

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
So I got a question for you guys: which are better?
Reflex Monotube Shock 911511or
Gas-Magnum Shock 34798?

That's a question no one is going to be able to answer definitively.

Even if someone has run both, their idea of a "smooth ride" would likely be different than your's.

Pick a quality shock and go from there.

It's pretty hard to get a "clunker" these days....