Recommendations on LED lights needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
So I have 2 trucks and 2 tractors that I want to put LED's on.

My snow plow truck and 2 tractors will never leave my yard and I am not looking for anything too fancy or expensive for these. I would like to get a pack of 10 decent quality lights to split between these vehicles. I looked on ebay and they have a pack of 10, 48w square lights for $78 shipped but I am worried about their quality at that price.

Now for my other truck, I work a lot of night shifts and this is my winter driver when the snow or ice is too bad for my car. So this truck I want a really good setup to get me home safe on the back roads (very little traffic and I'll wire them up to turn off when I turn my high-beams off). I drive an hour each way to and from work so I spend a lot of time behind the wheel at night. I already did the quad beam mod and brand new headlight housing but its still not good enough. I would like something either mounted on the bumper or above the cab but preferably on the bumper. Any advice, recommendations, or experiences good or bad would be helpful since there are so many brands and styles out there for higher-end LED's.

Thanks in advance, I want to get these projects done before cold weather hits so that's why I'm starting my research now.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
I don't drive on back roads necessarely but, I live in Sweden and it's dark here about 6-8 months of the year, the road I drive on is small and the majority of the trafic is semitrucks and the road doesn't have lights, so basically I might as well be in the middle of the forest. I put a 32" curved LED light bar on my truck, mounted in the top opening in the grille and that lights up the road and the forest very well, so that would be my suggestion for the truck you use in the winter. You can buy them pretty cheap on ebay, mine is a cheapo one and it works great.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My suggestion? Spend your money somewhere that offers a warranty and that hopefully you can read some reviews that they stand behind the warranty.

The biggest problem I see with all these recent high powered LED's, particularly the work light / driving light (white) style, is that they frequently go bad, and a lot sooner than you might think. If you don't have a warranty to get them replaced, then you just threw all that money away.

Richard