Recommend a square body forum? (73-87)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Artificial membership inflator
Reaction score
Believe it or not Ripley, I just found the Lounge yesterday. I would have posted this thread THERE. If I delete the OP will it go away? This thread no longer needs to exist, especially not here. My apology if it is necessary but I wasn't sure where to post!

In aside, I guess that motor wasn't really that tired after all? It WAS making loads of progress but I was looking for 350 power and working with a 3.5 inch bore! LoL.....a 267. How crazy. I kinda feel sorry for it. Pity it didn't die on the squeeze or something a lot cooler... Turns out the #5 piston exploded at the top of the bore and that rod wrapped around the TOPSIDE of the crank getting wedged sideways against the lifter valley.

I guess that's pretty cool...

Having studied about 267s since, most of what I read says high RPM kills them and that is certainly what happened to it!

None of the parts are worth anything to anyone, I intend to strip the block and make a planter out of it ... run the rest across the scales.

Last edited: