Rear tire wear issue (alignment Sheet incl)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyZ71

Reaction score
So my tire wear has been odd since I've bought this thing in 2003, usually right rear outter shoulder goes first. Here's my alignment Sheet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Are you asking or making a funny? That rear toe will jack up tires quickly. Something is bent since both sides are positive. IT must have been one of the "red vs green" alignment techs because I would have explained it to you instead of letting it go because the thrust angle is OK to drive straight.

Lma47940

Reaction score
Could bad wheel bearings get you that far off? I imagine you would notice that though.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are you asking or making a funny? That rear toe will jack up tires quickly. Something is bent since both sides are positive. IT must have been one of the "red vs green" alignment techs because I would have explained it to you instead of letting it go because the thrust angle is OK to drive straight.
Somebody been Duke Boys jumping that truck! I'd guess axle housing bent.

I had a parts truck that someone had clearly been jumping it.. 97 K1500 with bent front fender lips and frame rails dented where the rear bump stop brackets had smacked it. Came to me with a rod knock too, imagine that.

EDIT - yes, I was reading it wrong.. negative camber, positive toe. Maybe they went off a ledge with it.. ;) Is my no-sleep brain mushy enough today that I'm reading it wrong? It's my "night off" and I've been up since yesterday and haven't drank quite enough yet. :D :D

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could bad wheel bearings get you that far off? I imagine you would notice that though.
I can imagine wheel bearing/axle wear problems that would lead to camber problems. GMs rollers-on-axle shaft system kinda sucks; I've seen axle shafts with an eighth-inch trough where the bearing rides.

I don't see it affecting toe, though.

Either you've got a bent axle housing, or they didn't install the alignment heads properly on the rear wheels.

Given tire wear...I lean toward a bent axle housing. A body shop with a frame rack might be able to tweak it back into position--if they can figure out where the bend is.