rear main seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
One of my buddies has a 96 z71 silverado and he believes he has a rear main seal leak..is there a step by step process that has good instructions?? He wants to do it himself and have me help him but we need something to go by.
Thanks!!

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
go to autozone and pay $15 for a haynes manual.... has a step by step for taking the whole truck apart

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While youre in there you might as well put a front pump seal in the trans too. About the time you think you have that leak fixed another will pop up.......ask me how I know :D

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go to autozone and pay $15 for a haynes manual.... has a step by step for taking the whole truck apart

Auto Zone has free repair info on there site or through the phone app.

While youre in there you might as well put a front pump seal in the trans too. About the time you think you have that leak fixed another will pop up.......ask me how I know :D

Ok I'll bite, How do you know???????

redblazerx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ummmm, lets see, pulled the bravada engine 5 times for leaks, dads jIimmy emgine twice. Lets just say I learned before I put the trans in my truck that by the is still higher than yours, lol......

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
haynes should be run out of business, their manuals suck, get a chiltons as it has far more information and its actually right.

off the top of my head the only way i see changing that seal is to drop the trans or pull the motor